Sunday, May 31, 2015

Thank You from Rebeka

On what would have been the weekend of Rebeka's orientation in Katmandu I am reminded that I never posted the thank you note that she sent.  My delay, not hers.
 
Hello again, 

Thank you so much to everyone who has shown their support to me during this time. While canceling my trip to Nepal was an extremely difficult choice to make, your support and affirmation has played a huge part in helping me come to peace with the decision. I am also extremely grateful for all the donations you have made to me, which in turn I have been able to send to Save the Children and their relief efforts in Nepal. 

The response was truly overwhelming. Prior to the earthquake, I had my doubts about being able to raise enough money to afford the trip. I know now that I had no reason to have those doubts. I was able to donate $1,860.00 to Save the Children with your help, and I have also heard from people who have been responding to the disaster through different avenues, as well. 

I am at peace with the way this situation has worked out, I feel I was able to make a substantial contribution towards helping the children affected by the disaster, and I am certain now that I made the right decision. 

Thank you again so much for all your assistance and support throughout this process. 

 Rebeka

No comments:

Post a Comment